Monday, August 9, 2010

Sleep, or lack there of...

Tethys has made another cognitive breakthrough - she now realizes that she likes to a) be held and b) have people around all the time. What this means is that now, when she rouses herself during naps and nighttime sleep, if she doesn't see one of us then she will get upset and cry until someone comes in, pops in her pacifier and watches her fall to sleep again. She did this about every hour and a half last night. Awesome. During the day, it means that if she's not being held (while you are walking around) then she's not happy. Double awesome.

Hero is being better behaved this week. It's funny how they go in phases. One misbehaves and then the other. Yay for alternation.

Other stuff:
  • I've committed myself to writing 2 new plays before the end of the year. Full-length plays, for money. I'm insane. 
  • The Westing Game adaptation I did is being published. So that's yay. 
  • PEPS tomorrow night - hopefully it will be less stressful than the last one because we won't be talking about feeding. (Everyone but me seems to be breastfeeding or at least uber-confident in their choices about feeding. I feel at loose ends about it.) Plus I had both girls and no Nick. I hope to drag Nick with me next time.
Mama

P.S. Working full-time is hard... and not very rewarding.

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear. You are doing a great job mama. Hang in there. Your kids are thriving and that is all that matters. And Congrats on committing to creative projects. It is so important to be you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing awesome, D. Peter is the same way with being held. If he is awake and has become bored of his mobile, he wants to be held. As for the feedings, as long as they are healthy, dont worry about it. I stopped breastfeeding at 6w and Peter has been on formula ever since. I felt guilty, but he seems to be fine. Its just my bankaccount that is hurting. :) Hopefully the every hour of sleep will stop soon.

    ReplyDelete