Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Time is passing

Time seems to pass by in spurts and shoots nowadays. It seems to take ages for the babies to learn a new trick - like walking, or stacking blocks. And yet it seems like they should only be 6 months old because a full 14.5 months cannot have gone by since they were born.

So, instead of trying to chronicle all that we do I'm just going to say that I am enjoying the girls very much right now.

I love seeing Tethys blossom into this precosious little girl who loves track suits and big bead necklaces and quiet reading time and blueberries. This week I got to observe her stacking cups. She has a little set of cups that fit inside each other like Russian dolls. And in the past she has loved to take them apart but now she will sit with them and one by one figure out which cups fit inside which. She will sit and focus on this task for 40 minutes with intent.

I love watching Hero master walking so quickly. One day she was stumbling and the next she ran. While Tethys is busy with her cups or her books. Hero will run laps around the room, making a stop and Amma Mama or Papi or Auntie for brief lean in or hug before continuing on her path. If we lie on the ground she will crawl over us. Right now she is recovering from a mysterious fall that gave her a black eye. Her cute little face is obscured with this sad little bruise.

There have also been countless zoo trips and park swings and car trips.

We are happy.

H & T in a box together.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment: