Well, if summer was full of fun and growth then fall is, so far, full of stress and illness.
Our little family (including Nanny Jessi and Auntie Lola) has been continually sick since the beginning of September. Obviously the wee ones get it worst.
To make matters worse, on Saturday my angels got into some sleeping pills. Or rather, Tethys found a new puzzle called a child-proof cap and solved it. And Hero threw some bright blue pills all over the place. We didn't see if they had any so it was a frantic call to poison control (who are awesome and helpful and do follow-up calls, btw). Long and agonizing story short - they obviously had no pills as they had no reaction but it was a harrowing 4 hours for us. And we are a little more uptight now about what goes in our nightstand drawers.
And did I mention the sickness. Saturday night Hero had the biggest meltdown of her short life. She worked herself into a frenzy where she was hyper-ventilating. She stopped breathing for what seemed like at least 10 seconds. Long enough for me to pull out my baby CPR and start banging on her back, flip her over and almost begin breathing for her. They she screamed in my open mouth and my heart left my throat.
Did I mention I'm tired? I haven't made this blog a pity party for a while, but my life is really REALLY hard right now. I think only a third of the hardness comes from my daughters and the rest of it comes from work. But it doesn't matter. It comes down to sucktitude.
I need a bloody raise.
Suckitude indeed. We are right there with you. Hope relief comes soon! Or at least some real sleeeeeeeeeeeep.
ReplyDeleteHey, when the little ones "stop breathing" for however long (seems like way too long!) - take a deep breath and blow strongly into their faces. Snaps them out of it. It worked on you and Auntie Lola!
ReplyDelete