Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Phyllis Lindle

My sweet, funny, ornery, loving grandmother Phyllis Lindle passed this morning.
She was the matriarch of our family, regularly bringing together her children and step-children and their families. She had 10 grandchildren (I'm the 2nd oldest) and 11 great-grandchildren and we will all miss her very much.

I learned from her that your family is irreplaceable and they belong to you no matter how different they are from you. I learned from her that bringing people together is important and making them feel like special individuals when they do is how you keep them coming back. She taught me how to play Rummy and Hand N' Foot and Mexican Train.  She was the first person to record my voice (2 years old) so now I can listen to us both sing the Indiana University fight song, the alphabet and Jesus Loves Me. She gave me lots of Shaklee vitamins and always made me Chocolate Covered Marshmallows. Always, even as a 35-year old.

Mostly, I think I will remember the hugs, her wonderful smell and the heart necklace she wore every time I saw her for my entire life. I will always associate her with hearts, and love.

I love you, Grandma.

I'll miss you.

Grandma Phyllis meeting her 11th great grandbaby, Mia.

My Grandma, as I will remember her, showing Love to the world.

1 comment:

  1. God bless you for sharing your thoughts with all of us. You make me proud that you can put into words eloquently what we all feel. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete