Tuesday, July 22, 2014

A Strong Voice and Powerful Stories

Teacher Sarah says that at preschool Tethys is known for her "Strong Voice and Powerful Stories".

 T: Mama, can Hero and I when we grow up, make a kid of our own?
Me: Yes, but you have to wait until you're grown up before you can make a baby.
T: But I don't want to make a baby. I want to make a kid so I can be the Dad and Hero can be the Mom. And we can build her so she will be made out of blood and bones and skin. Because that's how we want to make her but she'll be living. But I don't know how to make one so I need you to teach me how you did it so I can make one when I get grown up.
Me:... Ok.




 T: Mama, I had a dream that you were eaten by a shark. And then you got out and you ate the shark. And then you both ate each other and it made the water sooooo bloody so a crocodile came and ate up all the blood and water. And it made him sick and he couldn't feel good so so he was all green and gross. And then the water was all green and gross and then I came and cleaned it up.


T: Pretend you can't see me and I'm around the corner and I'm doing something naughty but you can't see me and you don't know.
Me:... Tethys what are you doing in there?


T: Hero, let's pretend that I'm Teacher Trevor and your're Teacher Brittany and you can't reach me cuz I'm soooo tall. And I get to play ball.
H: I want to play ball.
T: You can play ball but only if Teacher Trevor says it's ok.
H: Teacher Trevor, Can I play ball?
T: Yes. But I lost the ball.











1 comment: