You were going to be so excited when you saw that Lola and I dedicated our book to you. I wish we hadn't kept that a secret.
You were supposed to take my girls on their first awesome out-of-country adventures without their parents.
You were supposed to keep coming for Christmas and overstaying your welcome and being our own personal Grinch who got us drunk on fine wine and gave us a reason to dine at the Herbfarm once a year.
We were supposed to go to Patagonia together.
And on safari in Africa.
And to India. How can I go to India without you?
| Who will I work a vineyard with in my retirement now? |
I was counting on you for so much. I was counting on having you in my life for at least 30 more years.
I never got you to love green tea.
You never convinced me that Seinfeld and Steely Dan were better than Tina Fey and Beyoncé.
I will never hear the words Bozo, Turkey or Quantum Mechanics without thinking of you.
I'll miss you pulling my pigtails, and telling me girls don't need to wear makeup, and that it is never too late to make my life the way I want it to be.
![]() |
| I love you so much. I'll miss you for the rest of my life. |
![]() |
| Thank you. |


What a beautiful tribute. Much love to you all.
ReplyDeleteSuch wonderful, but heart crushing words. I am so dearly sorry for your huge loss. May the memories you did get to share with Dennis shine brighter than the thoughts of what could/should have been.
ReplyDeleteDennis means so much to all of us. You speak so eloquently for all of us. Thank you, my love.
ReplyDeleteThat was beautiful and tear inducing.
ReplyDelete