When I took time off work at the beginning of this year, I didn't know what I would discover. I just knew things couldn't stay the same. So, I spent a goodly amount of time just thinking about, well, for lack of a less earnest expression, my life's purpose. I wanted to find meaning in my relationships, in my activities, in my existence.
After a bunch of navel-gazing (and a non-trivial amount of faffing about), I settled on some words that make me happy. I don't know if they are mantras or watchcries or guiding principles... But they are how I want to live and act and exist in the world.
So, today's theme felt right. My yoga practice has done nothing if it has not made me more curious about who I am, how I want to show up in the world, and how I intend to live my life.
And if the only time I happen to find time and space for yoga is in the blue light of my kiddo's video game, then so be it.


No comments:
Post a Comment