Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A whole new level of fussy

The girls reached a whole new level of fussy this week. It started with an error in judgement on the part of their parents and has escalated into the new normal.

This weekend we thought we'd do the kind of thing we used to do: spend the day out. First we went to Discovery Park with Jed and Maggie. Then we had lunch at Niko's Gyros in Magnolia. Then we did some shopping in Ballard. Then the girls had the biggest meltdown of their young lives. I was alone with them in the car and trying to soothe them and the crying was so intense I had to laugh, which I'm sure made me look crazy. We got them home and they were too overtired to sleep so... More meltdown! And I felt so guilty, having been the cause by ignoring their napping needs. They finally went down, early. And Hero hasn't been the same baby since. She won't eat... At least mostly not more than 2 ounces at a time and she cries/whines all the time. I don't know what is wrong, BUT today she had a runny nose which makes me think (hope) that she is sick with the cold Nick had over the weekend. That would be great because it would mean that good Hero will eventually make a return.

Darian

P.s. Tethys has been a dollface. Yay for good Tethys!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, the joys of parenthood! Weekends provide all kinds of off-schedule opportunities and challenges. But that is OK too. Don't sweat it and keep doing the wonderful things you like to do. The girls will adjust.
    Grandy

    ReplyDelete