Friday, January 21, 2011

PPD update

So, I realized that I haven't given any update recently on how I'm doing with my Post Partem Depression. I cam happy to say that the reason I haven't posted is because it hasn't been bothering me. I can probably chalk up this change for the better to a variety of things that are different now.
A) I take one FMLA day off a week to focus on the girls, or chores or playwriting or whatever I need to do to make sure I don't go insane.
B) We had a nice long Holiday with the girls and my parents where we visited the rain forest on the Olmpic Penninsula. Nick and I have gone twice a year since I moved here and with the pregnancy and the girls we hadn't been in over a year. I really felt restored by the forest.
C) I stopped breastfeeding at 8 months. No more lactation aid medications and pumping. It was a very emotional choice and I felt conflicted about it but in the end I know it was time. My body and my lifestyle were telling me that it was. And when I had my final "moment" with girls, feeding them the last of the milk in turn they let me know that it was okay. I'm not sure how, but they each looked up at me with love and a smile and let me know that they would be fine.

The girls both seem to have a head cold. But they are being peaches about it. I am a blessed mother.

Darian

3 comments:

  1. I had the same realization when I stopped breastfeeding you. You are very blessed to feel it from both girls. I am very happy for you and the girls. you have given your daughters the best start in life they can have.
    Love you unendingly, Grandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on feeling better AND on breastfeeding for 8 months. Those are both major mama accomplishments!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. excellent news. 8 months is a major accomplishment in our day and age!

    ReplyDelete