Monday, October 22, 2012

Time flies

My perception of time is an elastic thing. It heals wounds, smooths memories and helps children to grow. But it is also unrelenting, and I never seem to have enough of it.

All my posts these days seem to be about catch-up (no Hero, not ketchup, no, not syrup either). Our lives are so full of activities and laughter and time-outs and ow-ies that making the time to write about them often takes a back seat to dinner, or organizing all our varieties of junk (I made $450 at the last SFOM sale!), or making Halloween costumes or simply watching TV.

But time doesn't hold still while our activities take over and so little moments are naturally not recorded for posterity. But I'm coming to learn that that is okay. It's better to live in the moment than rush for the camera and miss the heartfelt smile. The girls are growing up so fast... and so slowly... Each phase takes forever and is over too soon.

This morning, Hero saw my bra lying on the bed and said, "Mama, this is your boo-boo. Put on your boo-boo, please." And that is the stuff I need to keep making time for.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the sale!! Time is a precious commodity for a Mom, especially a working Mom. The most important thing to remember is to take mental snapshots of special moments, and leave the photo taking to Auntie.

    ReplyDelete