Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Full sentences

We have talkers.

Tethys and Hero went through a language explosion recently. They are both talk talk talking all the time now. And they make sense!

It's both a chore and a delight to learn how their minds work and what excites them, scares them and interests them.

Example exchange:
  Last night we had dinner outside because it was finally warm enough to do so. A mosquito buzzed around Tethy's head and she looked at it with suspicion.
  I waived it away, saying, "Stay away from my baby, mosquito!"
  She looked at me with concern. Hero turned to her Papi and said, "Stay away from Mama's baby, Papi!" He dutifully stepped back while I explained,  "Papi is not a mosquito. Mosquito's are little bugs that bite and drink our blood. It doesn't hurt but it can itch. They aren't bad, though, just annoying." Nick added, "And spiders eat them! and frogs!"
  Tethys saw a mosquito again and gave a frightened jump into my lap saying, "Don't let the mosquito get me. I want to go inside."
  I said, "They aren't scary - they can't hurt you. They are just annoying."
  Tethys clung to my neck and said, "I don't want it to get me. Can we eat dinner inside?"
  So we did.
  Meanwhile, Hero tried to attack the remaining mosquitoes.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome. Just awesome. Calvin is terrified of mosquitos too. (for now)

    ReplyDelete