Yesterday involved a monumental hissy fit by one Hero Theia.
When I asked her to describe the event to her Auntie that night she said, "I was upset because Mama and Papi wanted me to change clothes and I didn't cooperate with them so they were angry with me."
All true. Very succinct.
This is my version,
Hero procrastinated about picking her clothes. I gave her warnings that if she didn't do it then Mama would. She didn't do it, so I did.
Fight.
Scream. Cry. Run away.
Throw things.
Papi has a great idea. Put her in the mud room so we could close her in.
Then Hero had the great idea to open the door to the backyard, take all of her clothes off and run outside.
Papi hurt his foot bringing a kicking, screaming Hero back in side.
Papi and I have to work together to bring Hero back inside without her thrashing into the walls or us.
I sit on Hero to get her clothes on.
Hero says "I want to cooperate. I want to stand up."
I relent.
Hero takes her clothes off again.
I return to my previous position.
I grapple with struggling Hero and take her out to the minivan.
Hero is strapped into her car seat.
I go inside and weep.
Tethys comforts me by saying, "It's okay Mama. Hero's okay. I love you."
We all go out to the car.
I convince Hero to eat a granola bar. I also bring her a skirt to wear. Hero is appeased.
Mama is an emotional live wire for the next 8 hours.
Just wait till that first real love comes into Hero's like and he reads this blog. Puts things in perspective.
ReplyDeleteI love how Hero is already learning to slant the truth in her favor..... trouble comes a blowing in the wind.
ReplyDeleteI feel your pain. Eleni = Hero (in that moment, anyway)
ReplyDeleteWhen did you get a minivan?
Oh honey. Welcome. I'm so sorry this age is brutal. I promise it gets better!
ReplyDelete