Tuesday, June 10, 2014

#TwinsTalk

I've been tweeting some bon mots from my little ladies. I thought I'd share them here too:

Darian Lindle @dlindle · Oct 16, 2013
Attention Parents Who Feel Like Underachievers: know that tonight my children and dirtier than yours. And that's OK.
Tethys: "Hero, are you the bad guy? Give me my purse back otherwise I will put poop on you."
One to the other: "You're not a nice lady and I'm not a darling"
"I like cheese sticks and shredded cheese. These are the cheeses that I like. I like those kinds of cheese because they are good."
 Retweeted by Darian Lindle
@dlindle Sometimes I think your children should be on Twin Peaks
Something so admirable about the self-satisfaction of small children:
"You're like her."
"No, I'm just like me."
"Stop hating yrself for what you aren't and start loving yrself for what you are."
Kids think like this; we unlearn it but it's there for us. 
"Mama, wake up. It's not nighttime now. It's... Up time."
Convo w/ 3 yo girl:
I'm pretty.
You know it's better to be smart than pretty
Yes, mama.
Are you smart?
No
...
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED :(
"You are my Pee Mama. I put you in my butt and pee you out with poop and flush you down the toilet!"
"Great.”
"You're welcome."
@dlindle, bah! Wow. And I thought I had it bad with the frequent barrage of, "Mom, do we eat poop?"
At the dinner table:
"Frogs don't have poop in their butts, they have water."
"Just like our Papi!"
"I love my mom best of all; even I can take her into my paintings."
That's right. I'm Mary Poppins, now.
"Papi, put your pizza down. We need to cover them with power [a rug] because we are the bad guys."
 Retweeted by Darian Lindle
"What's that?"
"That's my nose piercing"
"Oh. Can you take it off please?"
1: Did you hear that?
Me: What was that?
1: It was a fart from my (demon voice) SISTER!
2: Yep! It was my butt.
Classy
Me: What are you wiggling your foot? Are you tickling your jammies?
She: no, but if the jammies tickle me I will be so excited!
She can't have all the peanut butter. She can't. Otherwise I will have to use this dirty spoon to pull out her eye.
 Retweeted by Darian Lindle
"Where the hell are we going?"
A new song: "I am a witch. I am a very bad witch. And I eat lots of people. Because I'm complicated!"
"I don't have a brain; I have a calf."
"why a calf?"
"Because a calf is part of people."
Remember how the Santa boy has nuts? I saw him up the tall ladder thing!
I wouldn't like to eat poop. I wouldn't like to do that. That's gross. Poop is not a food! #TwinsTalk #Wisdom 
I wouldn't want to take a bath in the toilet. That would be so silly. Otherwise I would go down the pipes and wash away.
 Retweeted by Darian Lindle
@dlindle We just caught up on three months of #TwinsTalk. When does the new season start? 
Song: whooaaahhh whoops haha a whoooo haha a who ha who.
"Is she singing "Hoo-ha"?
 "You know it."
Child: This isn't dirty.
Me: Well, it is. But you can eat it anyway.
Child: Mama said I can eat the dirty egg!
Now people can play with me cuz I'm real. Pop me. Pop me because I'm bubbles!
1: The crocodile can have my sock. (puts in grandpa's hand)
2: Here's my sock! It smells like ice cream! (puts on his nose)
A: Mama I need to tell you something in your ear. It will go straight to your heart & be very nice. (in ear) goopyshloopydoo.
B: (coughs/sprays while eating) That Brussel sprout did not want to be in my mouth so my mouth sneezed it out. Napkin, please.  
Darian Lindle @dlindle · Mar 19
I can't go to sleep yet. I see scary movies when I close my eyes. They are on the inside of my eyelids. #TwinsTalk 
*3yo humming incessantly*
Me: What is that song?
She: My new one I wrote.
Me: What's it called?
She: Broken Yellow Crayon  
 Retweeted by Darian Lindle
B: What are you playing?
B: Why do you want to play squishing candies?
Good question! 
Me: Do you like your name?
B: Yes, that's why I chose it when I was built.
Me: You were built?
B: When I picked you and Papi.  
 Retweeted by Darian Lindle
T: Mama, can we go shopping? I promise that we will wear pants. #TwinsTalk
Kid 1 tantrumed for an hour straight.
Kid 2 sang songs about belugas, taped paper drawings to Windows and gave random kisses.  #divergent  #TwinsTalk 
 Retweeted by Darian Lindle
H: "I love tickles. Do you know why? Because they are ticklish."
 Retweeted by Darian Lindle
D: "You are so quotable."
H: "No, I'm not. I'm a chicken. Brawk!" 
 Retweeted by Darian Lindle
Lola Lindle @writinglola · May 16
T: "Your hand is a monster hand with monster hand babies and they are drinking milk from your hand." #TwinsTalk 
Darian Lindle @dlindle · May 17
Me: Family is magic.
T: No, friendship is magic.
Me: Oh, friendship is magic?
T: But we aren't ponies, we're people.
Natch.
 Retweeted by Darian Lindle
T: "Mama don't touch my eyes. I can take care of my body myself."
"@writinglola: "Meat just came out of your shoe" #overheard"
Overheard coming out of my mouth as I pulled meat out of kid shoe #nodon'teatit 
T: Are you married? Me: Papi and I've been married for 10 years. T: 10 years! *opens mouth in awe* That's horrible! #TwinsTalk
Singing #Frozen and twins mimic the nonverbals too. I giggle.
2: What?
Me: That was cute.
2: No, that was amazing.
Indeed.
Kid 2:"Can I have one of those? Can I take one home in my fingers and pet it?"
Exactly.

*spazzy moment thinking there is a bug in my pants*
2: I wish I was a bug in your undies. I'm too big to be in your undies now.

No comments:

Post a Comment