Friday, May 29, 2015

Parenting FAIL

This morning Tethys picked me a bouquet of grass flowers.

That's right. These:

She took them from our yard, brought them to school, cut off the stems and handed them to me. 

I took them, said thank you and kissed her goodbye. 

Once outside and talking with friends I realized I had forgotten their lunches. Annoyed that I had to go all the way home and make myself late for work, I threw the bouquet. I threw it rather energetically, like this:


I find out later that, even though she never does, Tethys was watching me from the school window and saw me throw the bouquet. She was distraught. She wept and screamed and cried. 


As her teacher Jade put it when I dropped off the lunches, "You are in so much trouble."

Sigh. 

I made this at lunch:

Let's hope she forgives me. 

3 comments: