I'm back!
My fingers are only the slightest bit numb on my right hand. Hallelujah!
The girls are (blessedly) napping right now and I have a moment or two of peace in between phone calls to insurance companies and figuring out how to pay for a new furnace. Fun stuff.
Our nanny, Jessica, started yesterday. So far I am thrilled with our choice. She's punctual, thoughtful, interesting and SO PEACEFUL. I hid myself away in our bedroom on the first day she was with us and listened to her care for the twins on the monitor. (Yes, this did feel like I was a strange sort of spy.) She was so sweet while she talked to them, even through their dual screaming. And her cool and collected presence really seemed to calm them down sooner than normal.
Her first day she was very quiet but today she talked up a storm and we became a lot more confortable with each other. I even got in a bike ride today! (Speaking of which, OMG, it's been a long time. I forgot that I got a fancy hard seat that requires a padded bike short. I shall remember next time - youch!)
I go back to work on July 1. I'm trying to look forward to it. In the end I think it will be restful to be away for several hours a day but it's so hard to leave them.
Our parents (in-and-out-laws) have all finally left and now it is just me and Nick (and Laura on nights and weekends when she's free and Nanny Jessica during the day) at night. It's rough going but I think we can make it work. We just all go to bed at 7pm now.
I miss our moms and dads though. Here's one of Yiayia (Nick's mom) and T.
And the girls on a quilt made for them by their Yiayia with hair ribbons from Auntie M.
Welcome back! So glad you have help. Let us know if you need anything at all! (a meal, a couple hours of sleep, a bit of time for a hot shower!)
ReplyDelete