Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Post Christmas Recovery - Blabbering Entry 25

Merry Christmas, all.

We had a grand old time opening gifts with the girls and celebrating the day.

After lunch we were treated to seeing a couple of potentially homeless people exchanging "services" for "goods" in our front yard, partially concealed by some bushes. Not concealed enough.

Now we are on our first road trip with the babies on the Olympic Peninsula. This is, by far, our favorite place in the world. From the Hoh Rainforest, to adorably rustic (and now adorably Twilight infested) Forks, WA, to Second Beach near the LaPush Quileute Indian Reservation: we love it all.

And this time we're staying in a BEAUTIFUL house near all these places. And the girls are behaving wonderfully - even if they are waking at odd times in the night.  Today we hiked with them through the Hall of Mosses in the Hoh. If there is one place on earth where magic is alive, it's there.




One great thing about coming to the same place for every vacation is that every time we come the memories are compounded. Now when I pass Mora Road I think of the time Edie and Michael and Nick and I camped there and were serenaded by frogs and ravens.  When we drive into the Hoh I think of a long ago trip when we came out with Kristi and I got to know her for the first time. When we stop to eat in Forks I remember before the Twilight phase and see all the money rolling into town after and can't help but be glad for the town's economy.

No comments:

Post a Comment