Friday, July 24, 2015

The new normal

Something has happened. Something has changed. Since the fourth of July my children have been... pleasant. That sounds flippant but it's not. They've truly been pleasant to be around 99% of the time. Their new even-keel nature has allowed me to see how easily I get upset over little things. My unreasonableness gets brought into shape relief.

Details:
I only have to call their names once.
I ask them for help and they say yes.
I suggest fun things to do and the agree.
They mind in stores.
They play with together without fighting for 30 minute chunks.
When they get mad it no longer lasts for 45 minutes of screaming, now it's 2 minutes.
I haven't had to put either of them in the basement for weeks ( down from 2-3 times in a 2 hour period).
They want to help do chores.

In short, I am beginning to suspect that either  five is the best age ever or my children have been replaced with replicants.

1 comment: