Thursday, March 11, 2010

27 weeks, 5 days

Tomorrow is a big day:

I find out if my cervix is getting smaller. If it is then I am done with work until after the kids are born.
AND
We have our next big 2 hour ultrasound.
THEN, on Monday
I have a big glucose test because she "didn't like" the results from my first glucose test. I may be reading too much into this but I think it means (dun, dun, dun!) gestational diabetes. Joy!

Had another everning of contractions last night but they were never more than 5 per hour so I didn't have to go to the hospital. I think I'll make plans to go soak in somebody's tub tonight though - that's supposed to help. Stupid house with no bathtub.

Nick has been great. He wants to keep my stress low so he keeps doing things that he ordinarily never does, like clean the house when we have company coming over. He knows that it makes me crazy to have a dirty place when peeps are over so, even though he doesn't care at all, he cleaned anyway. That's nice.

And he's talking to the babies a lot now. They really react when he does. It's adorable.

I'm torn about the work thing. It would be bad because of the money situation and because I'd be leaving my co-workers in the lurch. It would be good because it is getting very difficult to go anywhere and even sitting up for long periods of time is hard on me. Plus my brain is SO FAR AWAY from work already that maintaining the focus is just difficult.

Ah well, that's enough for today - my right hand has gone numb from typing. Carpal Tunnel sucks.

Next up - new ultrasound pics!

2 comments:

  1. I'll be thinking about you tomorrow and sending lots of good calm energy your way. You are welcome in my tub any time. Um, that sounds weird, but, yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do have a giant tub.

    FYI, my cousin Sarah was diagnosed with gestational diabetes, and she was a-ok. You will be a-ok too!

    ReplyDelete