Friday, August 19, 2011

Separation Anxiety

You will be forgiven for thinking this is a post about the girls getting upset when we leave them with sitters. No no. This is me, having anxiety from being separated from Hero.

Hero and her Papi left yesterday to spend the next 5 days in Iowa. I was a mess about the whole thing.
At his request I left the packing to Nick. Or rather I hovered over him while he packed making suggestions he didn't need. The man is a capable parent but I felt out of control and I needed to control something.

Of course yesterday morning came and I had to leave for work... but Hero threw up that morning and I was so worried about her. I think she sensed my anxiety and knew something was different so she responded by being more needy that usual.

I called the Doc who said she thought Hero would be fine. But I was still a wreck until Nick texted their arrival (at 10:30pm).

I needn't have worried; that baby is a traveling champ. I'll try to get Nick to post the details.... but don't hold your breath.

I miss Hero!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment