We skype with the grandparents a lot. Earlier this week we skyped with Grandy in the morning before work/nanny time and she sang Itsy Bitsy Spider for Tethys.
This morning we skyped again and the first thing Tethys did after smiling hello was to put her two index fingers together, move them up and down, and say "Iiiy biiy spiiy!" So, Grandy complied and sang the song. Once it hit the last verse Tethys made the sign for "more!" And repeat. And repeat. And repeat.
Meanwhile Hero recovers from her trip to the midwest by being exceptionally clingy. She never wants us to leave the room. But she also knows many things she didn't know before going. For example, if I ask her where her nose is, she points to it. If I ask her where her eyes are, she squeezes them shut. If I ask her where her mouth is, she puckers up. If I ask her where her toes are, she kicks her feet.
Growth.... it happens so quickly.
Pictures from the Iowa trip to come!
I am floored that Tethys started singing with me. Very proud Grandy!
ReplyDeleteOh my! A new era!! Language is so cool.
ReplyDeleteToo Cute!
ReplyDelete