Monday, February 22, 2010

Friends

The weather in Seattle has been so beautiful the past few days. I don't think you could have two more dissimilar weather years back to back than we have had between this year and last, but I'm loving this year's sunshine. All the flowers are already blooming. If it were just a wee bit warmer I'd spend the day sitting in the backyard.


I've been putting a lot of effort into seeing friends I haven't seen in a while. I want to make sure I'm caught up with people before I disappear for a year. That means a lot of dinner parties and brunches and girl time.

This past week I got to see Ted and Christy, Nick K, Seth and Sara, Sylvia and Josh and John all at a fun-fun CMYK show. (Probably my last basement rock show for a while - thank goodness for ear plugs - I bet the twins could hear everything though!) Then dinner with Bryan I. and Jae. We hadn't seen Bryan in years so that was very refreshing - good to catch up.  A dinner party with Tex and her new beau Colin, charmed, I'm sure. Brunch with my 800 Words pals (a very important play I did a few years ago - the cast bonded so much we still have get-togethers to express our undying love). And last but not least, in fact probably best, was getting to spend 3 hours of uninterrupted girl time with Edie. We talked and talked and talked from coffee shop to gelato place to sitting on the waterfront looking at the mountains. Num num.

And Nick's out right now having lunch with his friend Bryan S.

Up this week: Erin K, Raquel and, of course, more Jae and Auntie Lola.

I'll miss being a social butterfly!

2 comments:

  1. We're meeting at Fremont's gluten free bakery on Saturday around 2. You're welcome to come!

    ReplyDelete