Nick and I had another impromptu visit to the OB yesterday. I have been experiencing and increasing pain in my pubic area. It basically felt like I was carrying around a bowling ball inside my hips that was pressing on my pubic bone. Yesterday was particularly bad so we called and she wanteded to see me right away.
It seems I have developed a pain that is common to late pregnancy in singletons: Pubic Symphysis Diastasis or pubic bone pain.This is where, usually in later pregnancy, the hormone relaxin causes the pelvis, particularly at the pubic bone, to loosen. In general, this is a good thing as it makes birth easier for mom and baby. However, sometimes the separation is exaggerated and can become quite pain for the mother. Also, it can put me on bed rest sooner rather than later if I'm not careful because, well, its really, really painful.
You've heard how pregnant women are known to waddle, (and I've got a good one going on) the relaxin and loosening of the pelvic ligaments is the reason behind the waddle. When there is too much laxity there can be instability and pain. In my case it happens when walking, standing or trying to move my legs apart like stepping into pants or rolling over in bed.
So, I'm going to be working from home a lot more. And I might just have to use a wheelchair at work, joy.
And, the worst part is that I am not allowed to do pre-natal yoga anymore. IT was the only thing keepin my body feeling good at all so I'm most upset about that.
But, I keep reminding myself, that this is a problem I'm having, not the twins. They are fine, better than fine, they're great.
Alpha is in the 70th percentile for weight and Beta is in the 48th. That makes them sound hugely different but Alpha is 1 lb, 9 oz and Beta is 1 lb 6 oz. Theire hearts have 4 chambers and their bladders are working and their kidneys looks good and their brains seem to have all the right parts. So I am happy that if any of us is in distress, it's me.
And I think Alpha has Nick's upper lip. I'll post pics as soon as I can.

I'm so sorry about the pain and the yoga. If it makes you feel any better, I had to stop yoga also right about at the same time because the lower tendons in my right leg stopped working. I hope your situation gets a bit more tolerable.... =( love!
ReplyDelete