Heavy belly.
I'm really starting to feel it now. I have to have extra support so I don't feel like it's just going to fall off, or take me over with it. I'm big enough now so that people I don't know are comfortable asking me about being pregnant, even when I'm wearing my big winter coat.
What's fascinating about twins is that because they are odd, people somehow feel that personal information is suddenly public. Like I'm a celebrity and it's their right to read about me in the tabloids, you know, because I'm the one who put myself out there. I know it's like this for most pregnant women but once the subject of twins comes up it's like a free-for-all. Complete strangers will ask me anything that pops into their mind. From the fairly innocuous, "Do twins run in your family?" to the unsolicited and unhelpful "I'm so glad it isn't me, I'd just die" to the completely invasive, "Did you use fertility drugs?".
My twins books have some pat answers for these questions (because it's that much of an issue) so now I feel better armed:
"Do twins run in your family?"
*Actually, they run in everyone's family. Twins are just more common than they used to be.
"I'm so glad it isn't me..."
*I'm looking forward to it.
"Did you use fertility drugs?"
*Why do you ask?
Nick and I have been staying home a lot recently to save money and because I'm tired. Yesterday we got busy though and made a huge run to GoodWill emptying out our basement so we could fit in the baby stuff and have more room to put up insulation. (We've gotten a bunch of hand me downs already and I'm grateful and hungry for more.)
Tonight though, we go out to celebrate the birth of our dear friend Edie. I am so grateful she is in my life. And it's quite convenient that she is just about a year ahead of me in the childbearing/rearing process. I get lots of good advice from someone I trust and who is raising her son in a similar way to how I want to raise my kids. Plus, she's just rad. Yay Edie!
Um, you made me cry. Thanks Lovey. You are gonna be such a rad mom, and we have lots of hand me downs on their way!
ReplyDelete