Twins class - it was another one on what to expect at delivery. I'm pretty sure I grossed out all the people in the room by asking questions about what happens to the woman's boday afterwards in graphic detail but darn it, I don't want to be surprised by that kind of thing. I've asked my doc all my questions about it and am now MOVING ON.
Doctor's appointment:
Heart the heartbeats: Alpha's was 156 beats per second and Beta's was 152 bps.
Talked about delivery. All doctor's recommend an epidural for twins in case there are issues with a vaginal delivery of Beta after Alpha is already out. It they have to do a breech extraction they need me to have had an epidural or it's emergency c-section time. And I REALLY don't want to go through both a vaginal delivery AND a c-section. So, it looks like epidural is in our future.
I'm kind of relieved. I feel like there is so much societal pressure around this decision - like if I do have it then I'm a wimp who can't handle the pain OR if I don't have it then I'm a crazy hippie. It's silly really. I mean, if I sprained my ankle I'd have pain medication but not when I'm going through one of the "most painful" experiences of womanhood? But then again, I guess it would be another way to test yourself, know your strengths and limitations. I guess I won't know, c'est la vie!
No comments:
Post a Comment