Nick and I went to our first "Expecting Multiples" class last night. It was very thought-provoking.
And how nice to be in a room with 5 other couples who will be having twins within 2 months of ours.
Thought provoking thing one: current science and research says that it's not safe to let a twins pregnancy go beyond 38 weeks. Which means June 5th just became May 22. And, for those of you thinking about traveling to Seattle for their births, know that even if they are born earlier (50% are delivered at 36 weeks) then they won't be coming home until week 38 anyway. .....Thoughts.
Thought provoking thing two: I probably won't be able to work up until my due date. I may have to stop at 34 weeks. In fact, it is very likely that I will have to stop then to avoid pre-term labor. Hmmmm... thoughts are being provoked.
Thought provoking thing three: daycare for two will likely cost between $6K/month and $2K/month depending on the daycare. And I need to get their names on a list now because daycares only take 8 babies in diapers at a time and there just aren't that many spaces available... eep. More thoughts.
Enough thinking. Here's a pretty picture.

Let me know if you want to talk about nanny options. It doesn't have to be more expensive than daycare and certainly could be easier to secure.
ReplyDeleteYeah, with two kids a nanny might come out cheaper.
ReplyDeleteIn my preschool research, I went to this place
http://www.kidspaceseattle.org/
which has an infant room. It was pretty nice.
This place too:
http://www.wallingfordchildcare.org/